Saturday, September 15, 2012

First try at socializing!

Some of my host sisters friends were outside and were calling her name, so we went down to say hello and have her introduce me to them!
I couldn't understand hardly anything they were saying -____-
They talked so fast, I couldn't even think before they expected a response, so I stood there and said, "no parla Italiano"
They laughed when I responded to "Tu quanti anni hai?" (how old are you?) with "sedici!" (sixteen) because of my accent.
They seemed to keep forgetting I didn't speak Italian and would shout a long sentence at me and I would just stare back.
It. Was. Terrible.
They adored that I was from America, because they kept saying "Lei é bella americaniiii!" (she is a beautiful American)
And they did not want to say goodbye! I couldn't remember their names for the life of me. Michael Angelo, Antonio, Patrik, Lora, and some other Italian names!
Overall, it was stressful and embarrassing, but it felt nice being social!

No comments:

Post a Comment