Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The day before departure

The chances of my trip depend on the Postal Service.. My visa coming in the mail.
Either I leave tonight, or I have to wait another 2 weeks and leave on September 18th.
I don't want to wait any longer.
I just want to leave.
I don't want to have to say goodbye all over again.
This is so hard.
Last night was the first time I've cried about leaving, and oddly, it wasn't after hugging a friend.
It was after getting in my car, and driving.
All I could think about was Nathan. Or was it even him? Was it just the thought of having to let go and leave everything I have grown up with?
I don't know.
I hate being unable to identify which emotion I am truly feeling. 
I just want to be there.
In Italy, meeting all these incredible people, and me myself, doing incredible things.
Finally seeing the world outside of this little town that I've always known.

These past few days have been made great, by a, recently good friend of mine.
If it weren't for him I would be an emotional wreck.
I am sad to say goodbye. Sad to let go. Sad to start over.
But I am ever so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment