Saturday, September 15, 2012

My day today en italia

Today I woke up, worked out, went to my host sisters friends house for lunch, played Guitar Hero there, baked cookies with Nutella, more GH, walked back to my host house, hung around, went to socialize outside, ate dessert, hung around some more, and here I am now. Social network-izing.
It makes me feel incredibly lonely when I do, but also makes me feel incredibly lonely if I'm doing nothing. So I figure I might as well entertain myself.
I didn't really think of how much time I would have to spend doing nothing while being here.
I hate it.
I like to keep myself busy, distracted, happy. Here I can't.
There's nothing I can do.
Other than go online.
If I try to watch tv, I can understand about 3% of what they say because of how fast they speak.
I can't listen to music (my iPad has only 42 songs) and most songs are banned on YouTube here (they want you to buy it)
And I can't watch movies either.
All I have other than Internet is the one book I brought, Mockingjay. Which I freshly bought at the airport in Boston on my way here, a week ago, and only have a mere 30 pages left.
I'm going to go crazy if I don't get another book soon.
I've been living off reading, escaping my loneliness for a little while and diving into the anticipation that is the Hunger Games.
Also, I really want to go to the Puyallup Fair. Every time I go on Facebook I see posts about it and it makes me extremely homesick.
Blah.
Well, I go to school on Monday (just to meet the teachers) and start on Wesnesday! I am really looking forward to it, and making new friends! It will be such a help.
Well, that's about it for now.
L8uh <3

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are in a brave new world. Eventually it will start to make sense. My experience with Italians is that they tend to be little obnoxious, but I can say that because I have Italian blood in me, and know how it is. Have fun over there. That's actually a pretty cool part of the world.

    ReplyDelete